I spent most of this week dancing. See, I’ve got a thing for dancing. More on that later when I post my list of 10 random things about me courtesy of my blog buddy Natalie Hartford tagging me.
The reason for my dancing is receiving a slew of blogger love. Wandering into my day gig (handling training and development) on Wednesday, I clicked in to catch up on any Twitter doings I may have missed overnight. There I found Angela Orlowski-Peart’s note that she’d awarded me a Liebster Award. Then a short time later, Michael Haynes awarded me a second. Then Kate MacNicol showed me the love on Friday. Needless to say, my dancing soundtrack included Sylvester’s “You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real).” I am overjoyed and honored. And will be boogieing through the weekend. 😛
I next did a little Google time and found that the award originated in Germany and that Liebster means “dear, sweet, darling, beloved.” The purpose of the award is to help bring more attention to blogs with fewer than 200 followers. The awarder selects blogs they feel deserve more attention/recognition and highlights them. The awardee then passes on the honor to five more peeps.
So for me, receiving three nods for this award is super special. I just “graduated” from Kristen Lamb’s Blogging to Build Your Brand workshop (now enrolling for the October/November session), and during the two month class period, my blog evolved more than it has in the year I’ve been blogging. We did a lot of work on finding our focus, voice, themes, etc. and to have followers recognize and award this is amazing. Thank you and thank you again! *virtual hugs*
A little bit about my buddies Angela, Michael and Kate:
- Angela is a YA paranormal and urban fiction writer with a great spirit and joy for life. Her blog posts range from an interactive Writer’s Game flash-fiction day to sharing mash-ups with various items that inspire her. She’s also tossed in some great ones about aliens, life lessons and taking risks. Angela is also a great support and champion of others. And she’s also doing the Writer’s Platform-Building Campaign, which rocks (catch us all on Twitter at #writecampaign).
- Another Campaigner, Michael’s recent blog posts have covered how life intertwines into writing, author interviews and story reviews. I am inspired by the writing goals he regularly shares and his methods for getting in the daily word count. Michael is also from Ohio, which makes him super cool in my book. We are a unique breed in the Buckeye state. 🙂
- Kate is a Historical Paranormal Author with a quietly funny sense of humor. By that, I mean it is not the kind to whop you in the head with “look at me.” It is a light sprinkling in her writing, precise and placed exactly where it needs to be, which makes her blog posts a treat to read. Her posts include great information on upcoming/new authors, fun apps and games you may have missed, finding the life balance for writing (even if you have to be deceitful to get it done) and weaving a healthy lifestyle into the mix.
Now for the pass-on: Out of all the blogs I love and follow (thank you Google Reader!), it was hard to be absolute on the under 200 followers part without being able to see some stats posted (e.g., Networked blog followers count). So, I’m going with people I believe fit the criteria.
Here are the general rules for all things Liebster:
- Show thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them (via the award graphic).
- Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog. (I’ve seen this done via a Twitter shout out.) Spread the love.
- Post the award on your blog (see number one).
- Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the Internet – other writers (Peeps! Blog Buddies!).
Drumroll please…congrats go to:
Carrie Spencer – Smartass Romance
Carrie is my new resident tech guru. She’s also a crazy cat lady who lives for chocolate, which I love. On her blog, she shares a range from wonderful WordPress tips to hoot and holler posts about the cats and other animals on her farm to music faves. Carrie is also the lady behind my new blog header design (*hugs*). In the midst of managing a restaurant and designing websites and jewelry, she writes. Whew!
Tameri Etherton – A Cup of Tea and Sorcery
Tameri’s first love is writing fantasy. Her blog is a go-to for great writing and a good laugh (check out her Whimsy Wednesday). Tameri is a reality TV addict too (squee!) and gives us hilarious recaps. Her recent topics have also included gratitude, sharing “dirty secrets” and the love of our chosen pet friends. She’s also doing the Writers’ Platform Building Campaign. Go Campaigners!
Michele Chiappetta – The Chipper Muse
I recently met Michele and already know she is my type of gal – organized, a planner, a writer and regular positive champion as we’ve started the Writers’ Platform Building Campaign. I love her Wednesday Chipper Musing blog posts. She also blogs about writing/creativity and provides reviews of books, TV shows and movies. And her blog design brightens my day.
Lesann Berry – Life Should Celebrate a Little Danger
Lesann is a versatile writer and blogger. Her writing delves into mystery, suspense, paranormal and romance. She shares in her blog snippets of things that have either intrigued or brought her inspiration, celebrations of food and discussions about writing life. Lesann is also an anthropologist so prepare to see some way cool posts where she weaves in treats from her fieldwork. Shout out to another Campaigner. Oh and she’s also got a thing for pirates.
Elena Aitken – Don’t Forget to Breathe
Elena is a woman’s fiction author and makes my multitasking look like child’s play. She enjoys her writing life amidst being a mother of twins, triathlete (swimming, running and cycling), wife, day gig employee and responsible family member (roles of daughter, sister and aunt). And doing the Writer’s Platform-Building Campaign! Yet from reading Elena’s blog, I get a sense of calm to all that is going on and that it can be done. Elena has recently written about relationships (best friends, married life), the fun stuff in exercise (giving yoga another try, mountain hiking and races) and dancing. She also writes for Wordbitches.
Please be sure to check out the blogs of both the awarders and awardees!
Thanks so much! I’m honored to be awarded by you. You all rock!
You are beyond welcome! You rock as well Elena! *putting on some music for you*
Fantastic news! I’ll be sure to check out all of these lovely bloggers. Congrats, Barbara!
Thanks Jamila! I was surprised and way honored. And the other bloggers are all great.
Congratulations to you and all those you passed the award to! ::happy dance:: 🙂
Thanks Jennifer! Glad you’ve joined in with the dancing.
Wow! Thanks Barbara! I feel so successful! Now I better do something interesting….
…and the pirate thing goes all the way back to childhood and Errol Flynn. No, I’m not that old I was just THAT nerdy of a child.
Ha! You are already way interesting. That’s the beauty of blogs. We get a peek into the lives of others and learn some way cool stuff along the way. 🙂
Congrats to the Liebster Award winners! 😀 I’ll be sure to check these blogs out. Thanks!
Oh, thank you for such a lovely recognition and intro, I love it! 🙂
Congratulations on your award and ohmygosh! Thanks for thinking of me and my little blog for the award. Love you so much!
Now… I have to pick 5 people? I think I know who it will be. What a fabulous treat and I love that you looked up the meaning.
You’re awesome, thanks Barbara!
Thanks for the shout-out! I’m inspired to share the love too. I’ll have to do this on my own blog. Congrats on the awards you’ve gotten. It’s always good to know that others appreciate you, isn’t it? 🙂
You’re awesome, so I awarded you an award. 😀 Check it out! You were one of the first people I thought of!
*blushing* Thanks Rance!!! I was over reading your blog and scrolled down and saw my name. Way cool. Kudos on receiving the honor yourself! Great blog.