“Boogie fever, got to boogie down.
Boogie fever, I think it’s going around” ~ The Sylvers
How about a little disco throwback to get this Sunday check-in started? Yeah! It was a great start of the new year and of this round of ROW80 for me and I am pumped. Having unseasonably warm weather (40s) plus sun helped a lot. And my birthday is coming up later this month so that party is continuing–I started celebrating at Thanksgiving. What? My B-Day, my rules. 🙂
- 1,500 words of new fiction a week either on novel WIP or short stories. Done. A third of this word count went to my novel and then I logged 2,205 finishing a short story I’ll be sending in with a conference application. I feel a bit torn. Like my main focus should be the novel yet the shorter stories are still coming. How do those of you who write both (or write in other areas like poetry or non-fiction) balance it?
- Read at least one chapter a week of a craft book. Done with chapter one and the four exercises of “Plot and Structure.”
- Read at least one chapter of a novel each week. I’m in chapter four of “Defensive Wounds.”
- Blog three times a week. Four done.
- Read, comment and share at least 10 blogs a week. Done. Note: After Wednesday, I kept rocking on this and got a lot more done. I keep a tab on the goal of 10 and once I go over, the rest is gravy. The time it would take to log every single read/comment/share feels like procrastinating busy work.
- Check Twitter and Facebook at least once daily. Done. Better with Facebook now that I’m remembering I can do this easily with the app on my tablet.
Healthy Happy Living
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, three times a week. 2/3 done on this. I hit an hour on Wednesday and 38 min. Saturday. I planned to go to Zumba Friday night, but started feeling sick at work around 2:30–hot and clammy. I ate my pre-workout snack, started sucking on zinc and then went home to rest. I’m glad I was able to still get in time yesterday.
- Finish my poncho project via crocheting one hour a week. I’ll be catching up on this tonight. The time was planned for yesterday afternoon. I ended up not feeling hot in the morning, so I postponed my workout until evening then got stuck for two hours at the car shop getting a headlight and new battery because they were behind. Such is life. Below is the poncho I’m finally finishing (the pic is a little fuzzy).
- Enjoy watching one movie a week without multitasking. Done.
That’s where I am. How did you do?