“Goin’ to a go go, everybody’s. Goin’ to a go go, come on now. Don’t you wanna go? Yeah. A one more time, ~ Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
Doin’ our ROW goals, everybody’s. Doin’ our ROW goals, come on now. Don’t you wanna ROW? Whee! It is mid-week check-in time and yes the goals party is rocking on. I hope this week finds you all doing well.
- 1,500 words of new fiction a week either on novel WIP or short stories. Goal about 45% done. I’d asked on Sunday about how to balance multiple WIPs. Some peeps reached out with good feedback and I then realized that it is one of those process things where I need to determine what works best for me. Short stories for me are a love and cutting myself off from them for however long it takes to write my novel would break my heart.
So I’ve devised a plan to give at least 1000 of the words to the novel and the other 500 to any short fiction ideas that ping at me. Yesterday, I wrote a 700ish words flash piece to scratch the story itch. Plus keeping up with the 1000 to novel WIP goal will make sure I get the first draft done this year. 🙂
- Read at least one chapter a week of a craft book. Will do chapter two of “Plot and Structure” on Saturday when I have time to also complete the exercises. I’m also starting “Hooked: Write Fiction That Grabs Readers at Page One & Never Lets Them Go” on my Kindle (read mostly while walking on the treadmill).
- Read at least one chapter of a novel each week. Done. I’m now in chapter six of “Defensive Wounds.”
- Blog three times a week. Three-fourths done, including ROW posts. I’ll be adding two more regular posts.
- Read, comment and share at least 10 blogs a week. Done for reading and commenting. I rocked out on visiting people’s ROW check-ins Sunday and have made several comments on other blogs in the days since. For sharing, I’ve done eight so far.
- Check Twitter and Facebook at least once daily. On track so far for the week.
Healthy Happy Living
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, three times a week. Did 40 minutes on Monday and will do an hour tonight. I plan to go to Zumba Friday night and then a two-hour restorative yoga class on Saturday. I’m feeling better than I did towards the end of last week. I’ve been lucky so far this season that early zinc and rest has helped to catch and stop bugs before they set in.
- Finish my poncho project via crocheting one hour a week. I plan to do this Saturday morning while sitting in bed enjoying coffee. I keep thinking it would be great to do while watching a movie, but I’m not supposed to be multitasking (see below). Heh.
- Enjoy watching one movie a week without multitasking. Will be watching Inception Friday night.
That’s where I am. How are you doing?