“Think of what you’re saying. You can get it wrong and still you think that it’s all right. Think of what I’m saying. We can work it out and get it straight, or say good night. We can work it out, we can work it out.” ~ The Beatles
A lot of Internet sites, including individual blogs, are going dark today to protest two Congressional bills: the Protect IP Act (PIPA) and Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA). I am not because of prior commitments in blog scheduling. You can find more information about the issue here.
This is a bit of a less productive mid-week check-in for me because several of my goals are slotted for completion later in the week.
- 1,500 words of new fiction a week either on novel WIP or short stories. No WIP work so far this week. Sunday ended up being a catch-up day for finishing up some of last week’s goals. Monday and Tuesday, I did some work on drafts of future blogs. To get cracking on the count, I’ve scheduled 30 min. during lunch today and Thursday to write as well as a chunk of time on Friday night.
- Read at least one chapter a week of a craft book. I’ll be working on chapter three of “Plot and Structure” Saturday.
- Read at least one chapter of a novel each week. I now have “Defensive Wounds” as a Kindle library loan (yeah, my first!) versus the hardcover so now I can read it easier on the go and at the gym. I’ll read at least one more chapter tonight on the treadmill.
- Blog three times a week. This week, I’m having a guest blogger bonanza. Including check-ins, I’ll have four posts up through today and three pending, including me doing a guest post on Friday. 🙂
- Read, comment and share at least 10 blogs a week. Done.
- Check Twitter and Facebook at least once daily. Doing well so far.
Healthy Happy Living
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, three times a week. Tonight is the first day. My weekend is busy, so I’m gunning to get in cardio on Friday and a catch-up on Sunday.
- Finish my poncho project via crocheting one hour a week. Yikers! Haven’t scheduled this in yet.
- Enjoy watching one movie a week without multitasking. Done. I took my mom to see Joyful Noise on Monday. It was a festival of feel good cheese and about halfway through, I crossed my arms and started noting some of the plot points that were either not followed through or secondary and useless to the story. That said, the performance numbers (Queen Latifah’s “Fix Me” was breathtaking) and fun the actors were having carried it along. I was entertained and Dolly Parton always makes me smile.
New fave actor: Jeremy Jordan. This was his feature film debut and he stole it for me. His acting and emotional give within scenes is wicked good. And with a background on Broadway, his duet on Paul McCartney’s “Maybe I’m Amazed” made me sit up, uncross my arms and want to run and get the soundtrack. I’d actually consider going to see the movie again just to watch the nuances of his technique.
I’ve got a lot to push out during the rest of the week. How are you doing?