“Are you blind when you’re born? Can you see in the dark? Can you look at a king? Would you sit on his throne? Can you say of your bite that it’s worse than your bark? Are you cock of the walk when you’re walking alone? Because Jellicles are and Jellicles do.”~ Jellicle Songs for Jellicle Cats from CATS
I was actually going to slow the B-Day doings down until the next hoorah of Valentine’s Day (historically when I end my partying), but realized I have to take it full speed through Super Bowl weekend. Then I read Jillian Dodd’s delightful highlight of some key players to watch on Sunday and cranked on the music once again. I have to get mentally focused so I can assist Giants player Aaron Ross. Don’t know who he is? Jillian’s got a pic. 🙂
I’m also continuing the happy feelings from singing and dancing while seeing HAIR this weekend by rocking back to an old standby, CATS. Each time I’ve seen it, I marvel at how detailed and on point the actors have gotten the mannerisms and attitude of felines. They commit to daily habits, by instinct scurry away or swing (claws out) when spooked and stop and do what they need to do in the moment. Watching a cat walking then stop center floor to clean their stomach is a beautiful thing. I think I want to go over here, well, gonna lick that spot first, ooo now I’m going to go lay on my human’s stuff. Dedication, determination and self-care. I’m carrying that focus into the rest of my round.
- 1,500 words of new fiction a week either on novel WIP or short stories. I got 250 words done Tuesday. I felt stuck so I just made myself write a little about my story’s killer and her self-perception. I’m struggling a bit with her because she is not who the story is about. We need her and the whys of her actions to get to the focus on the people she’s targeting. Eck. It will flesh out at some point. Please let it flesh out at some point. I have WIP time scheduled for Friday and Saturday.
- Read at least one chapter a week of a craft book. Aiming to do again Saturday morning. If I miss again this week, I’ll need to rethink the timing scheduled.
- Read at least one chapter of a novel each week. Done Tuesday at the gym.
- Blog three times a week. Two done so far, including this update and a guest post I did on Samantha Warren’s blog.
- Read, comment and share at least 10 blogs a week. Done for sharing and reading. About half done for commenting.
- Check Twitter and Facebook at least once daily. Done every day so far.
Healthy Happy Living
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, three times a week. 1/3 done. I’ll be doing a little cardio and an hour of strength training tonight, modified Zumba again on Friday and a yoga meditation workshop on Saturday.
- Finish my poncho project via crocheting one hour a week. I’m going to see if I can get this in while watching Criminal Minds tonight. Once I get going on a round, I can watch TV and let my fingers go by instinct.
- Enjoy watching one movie a week without multitasking. Planned for Saturday.
How are you doing so far this week? Anything you are planning to tweak? Check out the updates of others via the blog hop.