“Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes. Five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear. Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes. How do you measure, measure a year?” ~ Broadway Musical RENT
It sure has been a week. Last Saturday, we learned of the death of pop icon Whitney Houston. Yesterday, we were granted a view into her private home going service. A funny quote I heard from the numerous CNN interviews was that it was a “drive-by Baptist experience.” It really was for anyone who has never attended a Baptist funeral. The choir sang the service in, prayers were given, songs of tribute offered and Whitney eulogized with respect and also truth in that hers was a life blessed and troubled by the power of self choice.
For me, the week took a turn on Monday night when I started feeling ill. Three doctor visits later, I am now on some preventative medicine (in case of a worst case scenario) and scheduled for an MRI on Wednesday. I’m sitting with the believe that I will be okay no matter what. Whatever is found, we’ll work to heal it. Below is an update, as scheduled, on my goals with the understanding that most are on hold. Didn’t want to go MIA on you. 🙂
- 1,500 words of new fiction a week either on novel WIP or short stories. Nothing done. With the medicines and extended rest, my mind hasn’t been able to focus on the story details. I’ll get back to this goal once I feel better. I did get an interesting storyline from a dream last night. I think it will be a short story. Mini-squee.
- Read at least one chapter a week of a craft book. Not done. Another goal I’ll focus on when better.
- Read at least one chapter of a novel each week. Done on Monday.
- Blog three times a week. Four done, including this update.
- Read, comment and share at least 10 blogs a week. Semi-done. Sharing is complete via reading blogs and retweeting via Triberr. My comments and volume of reading were understandably down.
- Check Twitter and Facebook at least once daily. Done. When resting in a recliner, both were great tools to keep up a bit with life.
Healthy Happy Living
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, three times a week. Not done. Won’t be exercising again until I have some medical answers.
- Finish my poncho project via crocheting one hour a week. I’m going to try to return to this today.
- Enjoy watching one movie a week without multitasking. I’ll be watching a DVD later today.
Have you had an unexpected life hiccup? Have you put some goals on hold or retooled? Be sure to check out the updates of others via the blog hop. Also be sure you roll by here tomorrow for a Melodic Monday author interview and treat!