Praise Him with the timbrel and dance,
Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet,
Praise Him with the psaltery and harp;
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord. ~ “Anthem of Praise” Richard Smallwood
Happy Easter! This has been a rocking and rolling week, from our ROW party on Wednesday to the focus of the holiday weekend. I’ve been out and about and offline for most of the weekend and have some blog reading catch-up to do. For the first week, I’ve been able to kick strong into some goals and simply wave from afar to some others. Hey, it wouldn’t be a challenge if I was a rock star right out of the gate, right?
ROW80 Goals Progress
- At least one hour of WIP writing time five days a week. – Partially done. I focused more on some blogging tasks for the beginning of the week, thus got in only 2 days on this.
- Complete one craft book via reading at least one chapter a week. – Not done. I’ve been focusing on reading the assignments of the writing class each day. I’ll get on this once that is over.
- Complete two novels and one book of short stories via reading at least one chapter a week. – Done. I added the book of short stories in because I have a collection by Joe Hill from the library that I want to get through. For the novels, I have the final two books of “The Hunger Games” trilogy riding around in my trunk asking to be addressed first. If I read these as fast as I did the first, I’ll be able to up my reading goal again for the round.
- Complete assignments for From Plot to Finish master class with Laurie Schnebly Campbell (first two weeks of April). – Partially done. I was up to date on assignments until Friday. I’ll catch up tomorrow.
- Complete ROW80 sponsor duties via reading and commenting on assigned blogs each week. – Done. I’m caught up on comments from Wednesday check-ins and will now move to today’s.
- Share contents of other bloggers via link backs from each of my posts. – Done. Have included links in each post, though the Idol post this week linked back to other Idol news articles.
- Check Triberr at least once daily. – Not done. I tried early in the week and kept having log-in issues (or not being able to get to the site), getting kicked off or screen endless looping or freezes when I approved posts. A few others mentioned seeing some gremlins as well. Then, I didn’t check back anymore.
- Join and learn Pinterest. – Pending.
Healthy Happy Living
- Cardio exercise three times a week. – Not done. *looking down at stomach filled with Easter dinner* Bwahahaha. No excuses. I’ll be all over this now.
- Look for yoga/meditation course option each week. – Partially done. I looked and found some weekend options, but they didn’t fit my schedule. On it tomorrow am for this week. 🙂
- Complete neck exercises every day. – Done.
How did your round kickoff? Are there any goals that you’ve updated already? Any that you have found you will scrap? Be sure to check out the ROW80 updates of others via the blog hop.
Other Writing Tidbits:
- I loved how Kristin Nador, in Start Your Week Off Write: The Dangers of Self-Censoring, Avoiding Controversy, and Writing as a Subversive Activity, addressed the idea of writing on polarizing topics and self-censorship that has danced through the blogosphere as of late.
- With Seven Habits of Serious Writers, Ali Luke gives us some reminders for success.
- Shout out to Jami Gold who located this hilarious site with The Hunger Games being performed by Beanie Babies. Spoiler alert if you watch.