It is never too early to set goals. When wandering past Sharon’s The Sunlit Desk discussion on her creative goals, I was inspired to make my writing goals more formal. Locking them down together in a concrete place versus pockets of hopes and dreams in random spaces. Then I read Linda’s What I Read page on her blog Out of My Mind and reaffirmed the need for planning. Plus, with my work responsibilities at the beginning of each year, having set path goals in place will allow me to stay focused and not feel behind by February.
So here’s where I’m heading:
- Continue with The Other Side of a Funky Place blog (ongoing)
- Read 50 books/journals, with a post a month updating where I am (ongoing)
- Attend another writing conference (summer)
- Publish a short story (ongoing)
- Organize writing files (January) and revise work as needed (February/March)
- Create more writing-related posts (at least 2 a month, ongoing)
- Publish a personal essay (ongoing)
- Publish a poem (ongoing)
- Attend a mini-writers’ retreat with like-minded friends (October)
- Journal at least two times a week (ongoing)
- Submit for publication at least once a month (ongoing)
- Research one new market each week (ongoing)
What are you thinking of for your upcoming goals?