I listened to Michael Jackson’s “Stranger in Moscow” on steady repeat as I drove to work today, humming along as I gazed through the rain coated glass into the low and heavy clouds darkening the skies. By the fifth repeat, I’d wallowed myself into a murky place. Yes, I was in need of inspiration.
I pinged into my personal e-mail as part of my morning in-office, breakfast (Quaker Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal and Kashi Go Lean Crunch)/finish the Starbucks latte ritual. There I found a fantastically creative game completed and posted by Jessi. I’ll include the rules below in case you want to play along (do it ,do it) and then my random answers. Great fun and also a bit spooky!
Directions: Put your iTunes, winamp, mp3 player or other music source on shuffle. For each question, simply advance to the next song to get your answer. You must answer with the song name and artist even if it doesn’t make sense. No cheating!
1. What do your friends say about you? No Love – Eminem
2. How would your coworkers describe you? Move on Up a Little Higher – Mahalia Jackson
3. How would you describe yourself? He Won’t Let You Down – Lamar Campbell
4. What do you like in a romantic partner? I Don’t Wanna Fight – Tina Turner
5. How do you feel today? He’s All Over Me – Whitney Houston
6. What is your life’s purpose? I Don’t Know How to Love Him – from Jesus Christ Superstar
7. What is your motto? Sexy Lady – El DeBarge
8. What do you think about the most? Heaven – El DeBarge
9. What are you going to do on your next vacation? Beautiful, Loved and Blessed – Prince
10. What do you think of your first love/date? We Belong – Pat Benatar
11. What is your life story? Another Again – John Legend
12. What did you do yesterday? Any Love – Luther Vandross
13. What do you think of when you see the person you like/love? I Receive – Israel Houghton
14. What describes your wedding? Desperation – Miranda Lambert (I’m not married, so this is funny.)
15. What will they play at your funeral? It’s Out of My Hands – Lamar Campbell
16. What is your obsession? Wild Boys – Duran Duran
17. What is your biggest fear? Can’t Stand Losing You – The Police
18. What is your biggest secret? My Love – Staci Lattisaw
19. What is your biggest turn-on? Lady Marmalade – Patti LaBelle
20. How do you describe your friends? Faith – George Michael
21. What would you do with a million dollars? How Deep is Your Love – Bee Gees
22. What is your opinion of sex? Hark! The Herald Angels Sing/Angels We Have Heard on High – Straight No Chaser
23. What is your biggest regret? One Call Away – Chingy
24. What would you rather be doing right now? I’m Back – T.I.
25. What will you post this list as? Stare It Cold – The Black Crowes
Flickr image by Basykes