“Feel the city breaking and everybody shaking,
and we’re staying alive, staying alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha, staying alive, staying alive. ~ The Bee Gees
Is the momentum of the new year still going strong for you? Or has the reality of life past the holidays come crashing in? That is okay. Just keep moving forward. Forward means progress. We can sit for a moment and reflect on what might not have been met, then we move forward.
- 1,500 words of new fiction a week either on novel WIP or short stories. At 1,472 words of fiction this week, I’m just to 98% done. My scheduled was thrown off a bit at the end of the week with “life happens” moments, so I missed a scheduled WIP writing session. Not hanging my head. I got a flash piece done and more words in on my novel.
- Read at least one chapter a week of a craft book. I caught up and fit in chapter two of “Plot and Structure” today.
- Read at least one chapter of a novel each week. Done.
- Blog three times a week. Five done, including ROW check-ins.
- Read, comment and share at least 10 blogs a week. Done.
- Check Twitter and Facebook at least once daily. Done.
Healthy Happy Living
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, three times a week. Done. Restorative yoga yesterday was exactly what I needed to end the week.
- Finish my poncho project via crocheting one hour a week. Missed the scheduled time to do this yesterday morning. I was then going to do it last night while watching The Firm pilot, but wrapped up in a warm blanket (hands and all) instead and focused so I didn’t miss anything. Will be back on task this week. By the way, I highly recommend the show. I was pulled in from scene one.
- Enjoy watching one movie a week without multitasking. Done.
Not a perfect performance, but still on track. How are you doing?
Barbara, Your goals look strong. Best wishes this week.
Thanks, Ali! I’m plugging away and staying focused.
98% done is an A+ girlfriend!! Keep going. You are ROCKIN’ it!!!
(Completely proud and impressed with your almost 1500 words. 🙂 )
Thanks, Jenny! I know…I looked at the total and was like “looky there, I wrote that.” Now I’m jumping up and down for cardio points. 🙂
I’d say that last week was pretty dang perfect, Barbara! Wow! Impressive!! Good job! Keep going the way you are and you’ll be there in no time!
Thanks, Diana! I love ROW80 in that my goals aren’t overwhelming to the point that I’ll never be able to achieve them. Taking baby steps and getting things done. The main thing I wanted was balance and I’m finally figuring that out.
Awesome job on your goals, Barbara. Keep it up and 98% (28 words) is success without question.
Have a fantastic week 🙂
Thanks, Gene! You are right. I’m taking my 98% towards word count goal around for a victory lap. 🙂
ROCKING it out girl…LOVE IT!! Here’s to another bang up week to come…
Thanks, Natalie! So glad I did the first ROW round during my crazy work time. It was tough, but helped me see where I needed to focus my energy.
Errr, hello little miss inspiration! Wow, you’ve nailed it. I wanted to watch the pilot for The Firm — forgot, darn it. Keep it going!
(giggles) Thanks, Amy! I missed the first run of The Firm pilot and when I saw the replay, I went for it. I did at least glance at the bag where my crochet project was. Heh. I’ve really cut back on my TV and even recorded two shows this week to not cut into writing time, so it was a TV treat. I used to have something to watch every night. Now, if a new show comes out, it really has to be special to pull in my time.