“You’ve got to walk right through that fire, it will not burn you. And the once you may love, only life won’t make it, just burn away. It’s in the pocket, when you’re really really lucky. When your fantasy becomes reality, living inside your imagination.” ~ Laura Branigan
It’s a party, it’s a party, it’s a party! Welcome to my Sunday check-in and the kickoff of my birthday week. Yes, I’ll admit I’ve been getting down with the get down a bit this week and took a little detour *Hey, is that box of dark chocolate for me?!* away from some goals. Still, I’ve had some great successes and feel that I’m making steady progress. And as part of this week’s celebration, every post will have a musical selection. Scroll to the end of my updates for a full audio blast of Flashdance fun.
- 1,500 words of new fiction a week either on novel WIP or short stories. Not complete. I ended up doing a word sprint on Wednesday that garnered 951 words. Since I was unprepared with a point to delve into my novel WIP, I wrote from a first sentence prompt. Let’s just call it new fiction and cheer.
Then I wrote about 20 min. of my scheduled time last night before conking out with the laptop still perched on my thighs. I was exhausted. That gave me 320 rambling words. So that puts me at 1,271 for the week and with fewer words in on the novel. I’ll work to balance back out my writing time equally this week versus having to load it on the backend.
- Read at least one chapter a week of a craft book. Done. I need to go back and do the exercises.
- Read at least one chapter of a novel each week. Done.
- Blog three times a week. Seven done, including hosting my first guest blogger (shout out to Natalie Hartford) and doing my first guest post. Double squee! I also put in time writing drafts for future posts and brainstorming new topics.
- Read, comment and share at least 10 blogs a week. Done.
- Check Twitter and Facebook at least once daily. Done. I’ve been embracing FB more this week. I even shared a link to my guest post on it. That was a first.
Healthy Happy Living
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, three times a week. Not complete. Only exercised on Wednesday for an hour. I could tell you that Thursday night was bad weather and Friday I was rushing home after work to beat the next predicted snow wave. And that I’ve been exhausted all week, not sleeping well and fighting off a sinus headache from the drastic temperature changes. You could then tell me about all the other peeps in the world who still got their exercise in. Will do better next week.
- Finish my poncho project via crocheting one hour a week. Not complete. I didn’t schedule in the time for this.
- Enjoy watching one movie a week without multitasking. Done.
How did you do this week?