“People of the world today.
Are we looking for a better way of life?
We are a part of the rhythm nation.
People of the world unite.
Strength in numbers we can get it right. One time.
We are a part of the rhythm nation.” ~ Janet Jackson
Well, things have gotten a bit rowdy over here as the birthday week train rolls on. There’s been semi-all nighters, multiple servings of ice cream pie and even a fantasy dance-off challenge against Beyoncé and Janet Jackson. Don’t ask. Hey at least it was cardio. As promised, every post this week will have a musical selection. Scroll to the end of my updates for a taste of Rhythm Nation.
So with all that merriment, I’ve been offline a bit, out of the house and away from some goals. I’ll be cranking hard the next few days because the festivities continue this weekend. Saturday I’ll be going to see the Broadway series tour of Hair and Sunday I’ll be kicking it at the party of a friend who shares my b-day.
- 1,500 words of new fiction a week either on novel WIP or short stories. I haven’t written anything WIP-related so far this week. I have a block of time scheduled for Thursday to work on the novel only. No multitasking. Just me and the words.
- Read at least one chapter a week of a craft book. Doing Saturday morning. I like to do the craft reading/exercises when my mind is clear. I’ve found it doesn’t stick as well if done at lunch on a work day or late at night.
- Read at least one chapter of a novel each week. Doing later today at the gym.
- Blog three times a week. Three done through today, including this ROW80 update and hosting a guest blogger on Monday (another thanks to David N. Walker). Two more pending.
- Read, comment and share at least 10 blogs a week. Done.
- Check Twitter and Facebook at least once daily. Done every day so far.
Healthy Happy Living
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, three times a week. Doing at least an hour tonight and at least 30 min. cardio on Friday and Saturday. I use thirty as my minimum and then usually walk longer. I’d love to get in a yoga class this week, but I’m not sure the schedule will allow it.
- Finish my poncho project via crocheting one hour a week. I’ll be working on this Saturday morning after my craft book work. I’ll be sitting in bed with no distractions.
- Enjoy watching one movie a week without multitasking. Haven’t scheduled yet, though I have several DVDs stacked and waiting.
How is your week coming so far?