“Let the sunshine
Let the sunshine in
The sun shine in.” ~ Cast of HAIR
I’m still on a high from birthday week partying, which included seeing the Broadway series tour of HAIR yesterday. OMG! Fabulous!!! I’ve included a clip from a show preview below. I was lucky enough to see many of the same cast members and participate in the dancing and singing on stage at the end of the show. 🙂 It was as joyous as the video shows. Like, life highlight moment for this former theater gal.
Okay, so onward to my check-in. Some things were hit. Some things were missed. Fun was had by all. Heh. After this, I’m off to friend’s b-day party. Whee.
- 1,500 words of new fiction a week either on novel WIP or short stories. I only made time for this on Thursday and got 1,847 words done of some back story stuff. Not sure where it will weave in, but it felt necessary in understanding some of the characters’ relationships with each other and spouses.
- Read at least one chapter a week of a craft book. Not done. I saved this for Saturday morning and ended up away from the house.
- Read at least one chapter of a novel each week. Done.
- Blog three times a week. Done, but I missed my Sharing is Caring mashup this week. Ugh. Need to get back to my system for blog reading.
- Read, comment and share at least 10 blogs a week. Done.
- Check Twitter and Facebook at least once daily. Done.
Healthy Happy Living
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, three times a week. Did an hour each on two days, so 2/3 done. Had time planned for Saturday, but ended up gone most of the day. I did finally make Zumba on Friday and was able to survive a modified version of it (very limited arm movements, no bending over and holding neck steady to not jar it). Still great fun.
- Finish my poncho project via crocheting one hour a week. Didn’t do. Had also saved this for Saturday morning.
- Enjoy watching one movie a week without multitasking. Didn’t do. Hey, can watching HAIR count? I wasn’t multitasking and even sang along. Heh. Heh.
Musical Interlude – HAIR (National Tour Cast) Broadway Preview
How did you do this week?
What a fabulous birthday week Barbara and you rocked out some writing and social media stuff. Woot woot! Zumba is fun but it isn’t for the faint of heart. LOL! I do a modified version as well. I hear that your cardio will bit up quickly and you’ll be able to add more and more movements as time goes on so stick with it. 🙂
Here’s to another bang up week ahead!
Zumba is wicked hard and fun, Natalie! I love that it pushes up to short moments of hard cardio. Great for varying the pace and amping up the sweat factor.
Happy Birthday!! Glad to see you had a great week on some of your goals. I totally have fallen behind on my social media goals. But good to see someone’s got it together!! 🙂
Thanks, Natasha! Don’t feel bad about missing some of your social media goals. It has taken me two ROW80 rounds to figure out what works for me to get mine done. 🙂
You got onstage and rocked out with HAIR? You are so amazing Barbara! I’m impressed that you you did Zumba too – even if it was modified. Yikes, that’s a tough workout.
Glad to hear you got your some backstory done. Even if it doesn’t make it into the book, it’s that kind of thing that I have to know in order to write.
Yes, Bridgette, as soon as they waved for the audience to come up and join, I headed for the stairs. It was just a mass of people dancing, singing and celebrating the moment. For a quick second, looking up at the stage lights and into the balcony took me back to all the dreams I had growing up of majoring in and making a career in theater.
For the back story, I’m also glad I got it out. I feel like I need to stay focused and “write the story” for the book, but have found myself asking some “why” questions.
Happy birth week! Mine was week before and I had a bit of revelry creep in this week, too. 🙂 I had a non-productive week thanks to work, but I am ready to kick some butt this week. Good luck, fellow January baby. 🙂
Thanks, Jess, and Happy Birthday to ya! Yep, I feel like I need to dial back a little bit of the revelry and hunker down on my normal schedule.
Barbara, I would have to say that you had a very productive and fun week! Congrats and let the Sun Shine In! 🙂
Thanks, Karen! I did commit to the fun this week. 🙂
Yes, I think going to Hair counts as a movie. You were moving, you were watching, sort of an interactive movie, the best of two worlds.
Happy birthday, sounds like you partied in style. Have a great coming week, Barbara 🙂
Excellent! Thanks for cosigning on that credit, Gene. 🙂
Yay for musical theater! In addition to writing I am an actor. I keep singing songs from “Marat/Sade” rehearsal last night. They are odder to the modern ear than the familiar “Hair” lyrics, I have to tell you! I also had a recent birthday… and am planning next year’s festivities as we type!
Good job on keeping up your ROWing amidst all of that. I’m looking forward to your next update!
I love it, Julie! Already planning for next year’s B-Day festivities AND singing musical tunes. Show tunes are a steady go to for my random humming. Thanks for the comment and ROW80 support.