“I love the the Lord, he heard my cry. And pitied every groan. Long as I live. And troubles rise. I hasten to his throne.” ~ Whitney Houston with The Georgia Mass Choir, “I Love The Lord” from The Preacher’s Wife soundtrack
Whitney Elizabeth Houston August 9, 1963 – February 11, 2012. Two Emmys, six Grammys, 30 Billboards and 22 American Music Awards.
One life. Lost.
- 1,500 words of new fiction a week either on novel WIP or short stories. 934 words on the short story I started on Tuesday. Goal not done, though I spent time digging in yesterday and starting to fix the outline issues I needed to address on the novel WIP. I feel much better about it now.
- Read at least one chapter a week of a craft book. Done. Very helpful for addressing plot issues.
- Read at least one chapter of a novel each week. Done.
- Blog three times a week. Four done plus two ROW80 updates. Two were way cool guest post opportunities via Nicole Basaraba’s Uni-Verse-City and Natalie Hartford’s Life Out Loud sites. If you missed them, please do check out We Want to Make You Scream: Writing Horror and Rehab for Writers in Hiding.
- Read, comment and share at least 10 blogs a week. Done, though leaving comments via my tablet (where I’m usually checking from on breaks during the day) is hard as is “liking” posts sometimes (it randomly makes me have to log in). I’ll use the tablet for making short comments and set aside time later for longer comments via laptop.
- Check Twitter and Facebook at least once daily. Done.
Healthy Happy Living
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, three times a week. 1/3 done. I started feeling feverish, exhausted and achy on Wednesday so I cancelled my strength training hour after work and went home to rest. I’ve been fighting off a bug (no appetite, irritated throat, tired and achy) since then and just started feeling more “me” yesterday, minus the sinus headache, and got in 30 min. on the treadmill. I’ve been feeding the slacker exercise bunny chicken soup and ice cream and he is content.
- Finish my poncho project via crocheting one hour a week. I feel asleep while doing this Wednesday night. Maybe done? Heh.
- Enjoy watching one movie a week without multitasking. Just finished. 🙂
How are your WIPs coming along? Have you needed to go back and retool an outline? How are your supporting goals going (reading, exercise, social media, etc.)? Be sure to check out the updates of others via the blog hop.