“Made the scene. Week to week. Day to day
Hour to hour. The gate is straight. Deep and wide.
Break on through to the other side. Break on through to the other side.” ~ The Doors “Break on Through (to the Other Side)”
With about two weeks left to this round, I keep hearing a line in my head: “Run, Forrest, run!” Is anyone else feeling a bit like that? I ended up having a wicked busy week and yesterday was out and about for 12 hours. From one appointment to the next to a late breakfast with my mom to meetings to a Saturday night church service to some evening grocery shopping.
Today, I slept in to replenish and gear up for more time pulls–new treatment appointments for my neck, day gig projects, contemplating big picture end-goals for the year, that pile of laundry mocking me from the bedroom corner. This round of ROW80 has been an awesome motivator and I feel on target as I scamper ahead.
ROW80 Goals Progress
- 1,500 words of new fiction a week either on novel WIP or short stories. 875 words on novel WIP and 1,002 on a new short story. I was tackled by a short fiction idea on Friday and had to knock some words into it. I was exhausted, so it turned a tad bit demented. 🙂
- Read at least one chapter a week of a craft book. Done today.
- Read at least one chapter of a novel each week. Read “Hunger Games” before the movie launch March 23. I did the math on pages to read each day and got to reading yesterday during any wait time I had and earlier today. I’m on target at page 133.
- Complete assignments each week for Plotting Via Motivation class (March 5-30, 2012) with Laurie Schnebly Campbell. I’m up-to-date on the reading and assignments one through three. For the class, we were told to work on a different book idea than our current WIP to learn the process. So, I might have a rough plot for a book two once done. *doing the robot dance*
- Blog three times a week. Four done.
- Read, comment and share at least 10 blogs a week. Done.
- Check Twitter and Facebook at least once daily. Done.
Healthy Happy Living
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, three times a week. Weekend got super busy so I didn’t make a walk attempt. My neck doctor wants me to take it easy, so I’m aiming for no impact above the waist and super low/nothing jarring below it. She said my idea of walking at a regular pace for a longer time to build back up my endurance and see how my head feels is a good idea. Gotta get in some yoga this week too for much needed centering of energy.
- Finish my poncho project via crocheting one hour a week. Done.
- Enjoy watching one movie a week without multitasking. Watched “Absence of Malice.” Ah, Paul Newman.
How is your round finishing up? Have you met your planned goals? Retooled your ROW80 vision? Fallen of the rails into madness? Heh. Share away! Also, be sure to check out the ROW80 updates of others via the blog hop.