Welcome to ROW80 Twitter Throwback Party Day!!! We kicked off the music around midnight with a little “Stayin’ Alive” and “Oh What a Night!” (video shares courtesy of party pro Jenny Hansen). The goal was to get people’s legs warmed up with some simple two-step fun before dropping it like it’s hot. Start stretching, peeps, ’cause this party rolls on ALL DAY.
- In case you are new to the party scene, we’ll let you in on what Row80 is. The keys to the mystery are here.
- Whoa. I hear there are some folks back by the coat room still feeling out some goals. We can help. Join us here. Go ahead and sign up.
- Party pause for a quick word on my ROW80 goals: Here are my goals for Round Two. This time, I’ll be doing status updates only on Sundays.
- Reminder of where to party today: The party will be held at the #ROW80 hashtag via Twitter.
- What you will find at the bar: As you kick it, be sure to check out my co-host Lena Corazon as she stirs up some liquid goodness for your soul.
- Blog with Photos Competition: From April 2 to April 8, we want you to keep the party going and post some “Throwback Party” ROW80 celebrations. This can be separate posts or part of your check-ins this week.
- To enter, create a blog post that reflects the “Throwback Party” theme. Creativity is a plus as are great pictures.
- Link to add your blog entry on the ROW80 site.
- There will be a mash-up of top picks/faves as well as prizes!
We have some party theme rooms just down the hall and towards the pool in the back. These include:
- “Teen Angst” where we’ll be rocking some ‘70s singer/songwriter hits on love gone wrong, ‘80s mosh pit faves, ‘90s grunge scene memories and general gangsta rap and country sorrow gems. The way we see it, the emotion pit of one’s teen years shines the same no matter what your genre or background. Hold your lighters up!
- “Golden Oldies” where you can stop in to catch your breath and listen to the classic styling of Etta, Ray, Frank, Sammy and Nat.
- “Naughty Funk” where there is a war brewing between Prince, Rick James, Earth, Wind and Fire and Teena Marie. Whoa – someone just opened up the screen door and I see a host of ‘70s bands storming in. This room will still be kicking after the lights go out.
- “Boot Scoot Country” where you don’t need to know last names to have a down home good time.
More throwback merriment:
- “Two Princes” Spin Doctors
- “Wake Me Up Before You Go Go” Wham!
- “Hot in Herre” Nelly
- “Tearin’ Up My Heart (live on MTV)” ‘N Sync
- “Poision” Bel Biv DeVoe
- “Hard to Handle” The Black Crowes
- “Vogue” Madonna
- “Just Ask Me To” Tevin Campbell
- “I Got the Feelin’” James Brown
- “Proud Mary” Tina Turner
- “Dream Come True” The Brand New Heavies
- “Jumpin’ Jumpin’” Destiny’s Child
- “Express Yourself” Madonna
- “I Feel Love” Donna Summer
- “What is Love” Haddaway
- “Start Me Up” The Rolling Stones
- “Gin and Juice” Snoop Dogg
- “The Choice is Yours” Black Sheep
- “Finally” Ce Ce Peniston
- “Dancing in the Dark” Bruce Springsteen
- “Try Again” Aaliyah
- “I Wanna Hold Your Hand” The Beatles
- “You’re the First, the Last, My Everything” Barry White
- “Miss You Much” Janet Jackson
- “Flash Light” Parliament
- “Shake Your Groove Thing” Peaches and Herb
- “Jingling Baby” LL Cool J
- “Love is Like an Itching in My Heart” Diana Ross & the Supremes
- “The Reflex” Duran Duran
- “Mr. Boombastic” Shaggy
- “Maria” Ricky Martin
- “Disco Inferno” The Trammps
- “You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)” Sylvester
- “Turn the Beat Around” Vickie Sue Robinson
- “You Should Be Dancing” The Bee Gees
- “Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)” The Jacksons
- “Fame” David Bowie
- “White Lightening and Wine” Heart
- “I Hate Myself for Loving You” Joan Jett
- “Incense and Peppermints” Strawberry Alarm Clock
Whew! That’s how we kick it, throwback style. How are you partying today? Did your goals start off strong? What are some of your best party outfits?
I loooove #35!!! Been a Bee Gees Geek all my life (well, since I was six). Lots of other great stuff on their Barbara..
Me too, Darlene! I have the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack in original album, tape, CD and MP3 format.
Great break in the workday! I hit #5 and #22. Diverse right? LOL. Thanks for posting all those songs.
Love it, Melanie! Diversity is way cool for playlists. Enjoy!
Ooh, you throw an awesome party! This is so much fun. Thanks!
Glad you are having fun, Kim! Rock on, rock on.
Just had a drink at Jenny’s. This playlist is fantastic, but my favorite is #6. That’s a party, Barbara!
You are a regular party hopper, Fabio! Good pacing. 🙂 Love #6 as well. “Remedy” is my fave song from them. Makes me want to dig down and write.
Fab play list! Give me the BeeGees any day! Way to go, Barb and Lena, for a totally rocking party!
Glad you enjoyed it, Patricia! It was great fun taking a walk through my iPod and the finding other old faves I don’t have on there yet. So much great music from each decade.
The Reflex is an awesome song. 🙂
It sure is, Nellie. It just might be my fave from them.
Barbara, I’m still sore from dancing to your awesome tunes. You are the best DJ ever.
Thanks, Angela! Yeah, I was a tired party girl for little bit after that. Tons of fun.
The party was a blast! I’m such an 80s geek – loved all of the music. I swear every song from the 80s has a memory attached to it. I hear a song and I know exactly what I was doing, it’s great.
Thanks for your excellent DJ talents 🙂 Definitely danced my booty off, lol.
Good luck with your fantastic and smart goals! I’ll stop by on Sundays to cheer you on 🙂
Whee, Marie! You are so right re: the ’80s songs. I used to think so much of it was cheesy pop (well, it kind of was), but hearing it now makes me laugh and remember all the crazy stuff we were doing or dressing as. The songs had character and are memorable. Flashing back to the movies that were out, TV shows, times in school. Good stuff.
Pingback: First Round Two ROW80 Goals Check-In | Barbara McDowell's Blog