Get this train
Know you’ll be glad you came
Hit the track
Party hard there and back
Leave your worries behind (Leave your worries behind)
“Cause rain, shine
We’re ridin’ on the groove line tonight. ~ Heatwave “The Groove Line”
What better way to kick us into Round Two of ROW80 then to have a party? Never one to be a wallflower, I ran full throttle into the last ROW80 party and was the one hoisting myself up on the table and dropping it like it’s hot. From this rowdy spirit–and being one of the last standing party goers–I readily accepted as co-host Jenny Hansen passed the torch to me. We will break into song and merriment on Wednesday, April 4.
What is Row80 you ask? The keys to the mystery are here.
How do you join? Join us here. Go ahead and sign up. I’ll wait and keep your party cocktail chilled.
A Quick Peek at My Goals:
- At least one hour of WIP writing time five days a week.
- Complete one craft book via reading at least one chapter a week.
- Complete two novels via reading at least one chapter a week.
- Complete assignments for From Plot to Finish master class with Laurie Schnebly Campbell (first two weeks of April).
- Complete ROW80 sponsor duties via reading and commenting on assigned blogs each week.
- Share contents of other bloggers via link backs from each of my posts.
- Check Triberr at least once daily.
- Join and learn Pinterest.
Healthy Happy Living
- Cardio exercise three times a week.
- Look for yoga/meditation course option each week.
- Complete neck exercises every day.
- Theme: “Throwback Party”
Oh yes, we are going WAY back. This party is a celebration of generations, music, and fashions. We want you to come on Wednesday ready to kick it like you used to “back in the day.” All outfits are welcome, my co-host Lena Corazon is stirring up some beverages to last all night, and I’m morphing into DJ Barbara to spin tunes for all decades.
- Date: April 4, 12:01 AM to 11:59 PM EST in the U.S.
This will also be the first day of Round Two check-in so there should be a bevy of ROW80 peeps and friends wandering around the blogosphere.
- Why: For the ROW80 celebration of Round One, a kick-off party for Round Two, and a get down groovy time for all supporters. Don’t be shy. Anyone can participate in this Twitter party whether it is just popping by to say hello or being the last one dancing at 11:59 pm.
- Where: The party will be held at the #ROW80 hashtag.
Include that in your Tweet and join in!
- Blog with Photos Competition: From April 2 to April 8, we want you to keep the party going and post some “Throwback Party” ROW80 celebrations. This can be separate posts or part of your check-ins this week. Just make sure to include some pics that reflect the theme and let your party monster rage. Whatever you want to do to work this into your post, go for it. We trust you are a creative bunch. Then, we’ll review them and decide on the best to spotlight in a post.
To enter the Blog with Photos Competition:
- Create a blog post that reflects the “Throwback Party” theme.
- Creativity is a plus as are great pictures. We know there are some folks holding a treasure of pics showing them in their glory with bell-bottom, platform shoes, biker, poodle skirts, and tie-dyed ponchos.
- Lena and I will look at the comments on our ROW80 blogs for recommendations of top picks as well as review them all for inclusion of top picks/faves in a mashup and for your vote.
- Link to add your blog entry on the ROW80 site.
Here are a few tunes to tease you on how we will jam through each decade. Check back on Wednesday for a full soundtrack.
New millennium – Hey Ya! (OutKast)
1990s – I’ve Got the Power (Snap)
1980s – Everything She Wants (Wham!)
1970s – Car Wash (Rose Royce)
1950s – At the Hop (Danny & The Juniors)
So get your contest blog posts ready, dig out your party wear, and meet us at the ROW80 party on Wednesday!