“Living life is fun and we’ve just begun
To get our share of the world’s delights
(HIGH!) high hopes we have for the future
And our goal’s in sight“~ Sister Sledge “We Are Family”
Get out your boogie shoes! That was one of my jams back in the day and it is fitting for this week. Today, I’m talking about all things writing horror at Nicole Basaraba’s Uni-Verse-City. Then tomorrow guest blogging over at my buddy Natalie Hartford’s Life Out Loud site. I’m beyond ecstatic to have both opportunities and hope you take the time to swing by and say hello.
- 1,500 words of new fiction a week either on novel WIP or short stories. I’ve been away from my fiction writing since Saturday. The mini-break was good to get past the stuck “uggies” I felt last week. I shall not be stuck! I met with my writing group last night and was inspired by the pieces we reviewed and critiqued. Then I found a handwritten page in my notebook of a start from a short story prompt I’d forgotten and cranked out 759 more words on it when I got home. Now I’ll carve out time the rest of the week to focus on the novel WIP and the outline/plot tweaks I know I need to address.
- Read at least one chapter a week of a craft book. Planned for Saturday morning.
- Read at least one chapter of a novel each week. Doing later today.
- Blog three times a week. Three done so far, including a guest post and this update. Three more pending, including Sunday’s update. 🙂
- Read, comment and share at least 10 blogs a week. Need to play a little catch up here. I’m fine for sharing, but need to get more comments in. I find that I’ll read posts on breaks during the day, but don’t have time to always comment right then.
- Check Twitter and Facebook at least once daily. Done every day so far.
Healthy Happy Living
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, three times a week. I’m taking aim at slacker exercise bunny by making formal exercise plans. Yeah, you better be scared, bunny man. Have an hour of strength training tonight, then cardio planned for Friday and Saturday. I’m also going to be incorporating more stretching at home.
- Finish my poncho project via crocheting one hour a week. I treat myself with TV time on Wednesday nights, so I’ll be doing this watching.
- Enjoy watching one movie a week without multitasking. Planned for Friday night.
How are you doing so far this week? Anything you are planning to tweak? Check out the updates of others via the blog hop.