“You know we’re just struttin’ for fun.
Struttin’ our stuff for everyone.
We’re not here to start no trouble.
We’re just here to do the Super Bowl Shuffle.”~ 1985 Chicago Bears
Remember that song? Bwahaha. Now that was cheesy badness. Today’s check-in will be a quick because I have some writing to finish before getting into the game tonight and then watching and writing my recap article for The Voice. Busy, busy day! If you remember from Wednesday’s check-in, I’m taking on a cat’s focus of dedication, determination and self-care for the remainder of the round.
- 1,500 words of new fiction a week either on novel WIP or short stories. 1,340 words done, so missed the word count goal. Uga buga. I met my scheduled WIP writing times this week, but found myself struggling with what I was producing on the novel. So I floundered and flapped around with it a bit too much. I should have followed my own rules and flipped to write on a short story to get another avenue of creativity going. I have determined I really do need to go back and modify my novel outline because I’m fighting with myself now on direction, which is a key moving forward point. Gotta build in time to do this next week.
- Read at least one chapter a week of a craft book. Done.
- Read at least one chapter of a novel each week. Done.
- Blog three times a week. Three regular posts, including a guest post I did on Samantha Warren’s blog, and two ROW80 updates.
- Read, comment and share at least 10 blogs a week. Done.
- Check Twitter and Facebook at least once daily. Done.
Healthy Happy Living
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, three times a week. Slacker bunny over here that needs a kick. I took my mom for a medical test Friday morning and ended up spending more time helping her, then dove into some writing. Got tired and didn’t wander back out to the Zumba class. Then the yoga workshop was postponed two weeks, so I went out and about Saturday morning, but not to my gym, then came home and did more writing while sitting on my butt. 😦
- Finish my poncho project via crocheting one hour a week. Done. It works to do while watching TV.
- Enjoy watching one movie a week without multitasking. Not done. Didn’t get to this yesterday. I see I need to make a set movie time each week–assigned day and time–versus letting it fluctuate. Too much opportunity to miss with a floating deadline.
How did your week wrap up? Did the slacker bunny come play in your neighborhood too? Check out the updates of others via the blog hop.
Hey you reached almost all your goals and you did awesome on the writing goal (1300 words is a lot of words). Happy Sunday!
I hope you had a great Sunday as well, Asrai! Thanks for stopping by and offering the support. You are right – I’m going to cheer for the words I did get done this week. 🙂
Slacking on the exercise too. The rest of your week sounds great though. Wishing you luck for the upcoming week.
Thanks, Raelyn! I know my exercise gets dicey when I get busy. Advanced scheduling and mental drive are everything for that goal.
Uh Barbara, you did not have such a bad week girl! What are you talking about? Hello?
Okay, I do hear ya on the exercise stuff. I have a problem getting motivated to do that too. But got to take care of family, yes?
So today is the start of a fresh new week! You’re doing great. And enjoy the Football game!
Who do you want to win? 🙂
I shall start off this new week with joy, Karen! You are such a positive cheerleader. Love it! And I did get some bursts of exercise in dancing during the Madonna halftime show (broke out some ’90s club moves). I didn’t pay attention to either of the teams during the season, but rooted for the Giants just because I don’t like Tom Brady. Oh and the Giants have some hot players. Priorities. 🙂
I see quite a few “done’s” on your list here, so it sounds like you are doing awesome. 🙂 I am slacking big time on the exercise, although, I did go to a park in Jersey today and did some walking and picture taking.
I am rooting for the Patriots! As a Philly sports fan, it is my duty to loathe the Giants.. and so I do.
Great job, Barbara!
I hear you on having a duty to loathe a team, Darlene. As a Browns fan, I can’t bring myself to cheer for the Ravens, Steelers or Broncos. Great that you did get to do some park walking. That is a nice change of exercise scenery. My goals are working for me and I’m being much more consistent with them this round, so the progress is good.
You have a good check list of accomplishments and I love your cat’s focus of dedication idea. I have two cats myself. I get what you mean and I just bet it will work for you too. Best to you this week, Barbara.
Thanks for your support, Ali! Cats are determined little creatures with their goals. 🙂
Not bad at all, Barbara! Actually you did fabulous – only a couple of goals missed. You rock, girl and I’m so proud of your accomplishments. Have a fabulous week and definitely watch that movie without multitasking (it’s so hard for me to do) 🙂
I’ll sit on my hands if I have to to not multitask. Heh. It is so much more fun to take the time to enjoy watching something rather than scanning and only really seeing snippets. Thanks for the support, Angela!
The Super Bowl counts as a movie. Lights, camera, lots of action and plenty of drama.
No more slacker bunnies. You must get up and exercise (write this sentence down and post it on your computer monitor…I have one of my own, it helps). Keep pressing forward, Barbara, you’re going great 🙂
I like counting the Super Bowl, Gene! Ouch, I do think you kicked me. 🙂 Love it. I’m going to put that sentence on a lot of stuff. That and “no excuses.” I’m also going to set up a nice reward motivator for hitting a series of goals regularly. My slacker bunny is now making nasty faces. Heh.
Wow – well you may not have hit the word count exactly but girl, you still did FANTASTIC and had a wonderfully productive week. I am so proud of you. You are really nailing it. Woot woot and the social media and blogging is fahhhbulous! Keep up the GREAT work!
Thanks, Natalie! I do feel like I’ve hit the sweet spot on some goals and that they are habit. There are a few others that are more dicey.
You did great this week, Barbara. But, Gene is right, no more slacker bunny! Get up and out to that gym! Exercise will help your writing, too. Stop by #hotwriterbods for some inspiration and a kick in the butt!
I’ll definitely be checking out #hotwriterbods, Marcia! What fun! Ouch, I think you kicked my other side. Heh. 🙂
I’m with the others – this doesn’t really qualify as slacker stuff. (Want to ask me how I know? LOL)
Hope you have an excellent week and make up those few words you missed this week.
Thanks, Bridgette. I think I feel slackery on the exercise for sure and from being stuck on some writing. Marcia is right that the exercise and flow of oxygen will help with the writing, so I’m going to be hitting that harder this week.
well done, Barb. you had a good week
Thanks for the support, Louise!