“You know we’re just struttin’ for fun.
Struttin’ our stuff for everyone.
We’re not here to start no trouble.
We’re just here to do the Super Bowl Shuffle.”~ 1985 Chicago Bears
Remember that song? Bwahaha. Now that was cheesy badness. Today’s check-in will be a quick because I have some writing to finish before getting into the game tonight and then watching and writing my recap article for The Voice. Busy, busy day! If you remember from Wednesday’s check-in, I’m taking on a cat’s focus of dedication, determination and self-care for the remainder of the round.
- 1,500 words of new fiction a week either on novel WIP or short stories. 1,340 words done, so missed the word count goal. Uga buga. I met my scheduled WIP writing times this week, but found myself struggling with what I was producing on the novel. So I floundered and flapped around with it a bit too much. I should have followed my own rules and flipped to write on a short story to get another avenue of creativity going. I have determined I really do need to go back and modify my novel outline because I’m fighting with myself now on direction, which is a key moving forward point. Gotta build in time to do this next week.
- Read at least one chapter a week of a craft book. Done.
- Read at least one chapter of a novel each week. Done.
- Blog three times a week. Three regular posts, including a guest post I did on Samantha Warren’s blog, and two ROW80 updates.
- Read, comment and share at least 10 blogs a week. Done.
- Check Twitter and Facebook at least once daily. Done.
Healthy Happy Living
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, three times a week. Slacker bunny over here that needs a kick. I took my mom for a medical test Friday morning and ended up spending more time helping her, then dove into some writing. Got tired and didn’t wander back out to the Zumba class. Then the yoga workshop was postponed two weeks, so I went out and about Saturday morning, but not to my gym, then came home and did more writing while sitting on my butt. 😦
- Finish my poncho project via crocheting one hour a week. Done. It works to do while watching TV.
- Enjoy watching one movie a week without multitasking. Not done. Didn’t get to this yesterday. I see I need to make a set movie time each week–assigned day and time–versus letting it fluctuate. Too much opportunity to miss with a floating deadline.
How did your week wrap up? Did the slacker bunny come play in your neighborhood too? Check out the updates of others via the blog hop.